Termites cause $80-$100 million worth of damage each year to properties in Australia.
Severely damaged properties can easily require expenditure of $100,000 or more in extreme cases.
However, it is often difficult to fully inspect houses due to wall linings, furniture, stored goods, carpets, insulation, and/or other restrictions. Therefore, you need a professional who can:
- Advise you upon the degree of risk of subterranean termite infestation to your property.
- Inform you of the areas that cannot be inspected and the potential risk from a failure to inspect.
- Give you advice on conditions that are conducive to timber pest attack and how these conditions can be rectified to better protect your home.
- Provide you with recommendations on a suitable pest management program in accordance with the Australian Standards.
SO HOW DO YOU SLEEP EASY?
Ask your inspector these important questions.
* Have you completed a Certificate III in Timber Pest Management?
* Do you have more than 10 years experience dealing with and treating Timber Pests?
* Are you fully covered with Public Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance?
For added security, Delta Force Pest Control is a member of the Australian Pest Controllers Association (APCA). We adhere to the associations' "Code of Ethics" and the "Prior to Purchase Timber Pest Inspection Code of Practice".
THE ADVANTAGES OF USING AN "APCA" INSPECTOR
For a pest manager to become a member of the Australian Pest Controllers Association, they must hold all the necessary licenses, qualifications and demonstrated experience required for the work they perform. They must also carry out all work and issue all necessary documentation in strict accordance with the relevant Australian Standards.
Essential first step - obtain a professional Timber Pest Inspection Report - a thorough inspection of the buildings and surrounds.
It is recommended the inspection and report be received and considered in detail before any necessary protective measures are commenced.
The inspection includes - all accessible timbers within the crawl space in the sub-floor - roof void - interior - exterior area - garden landscaping - fences - other timber structures - trees in the locality.
The cost - of a professional Timber Pest Inspection & Report is $330. This price is based on an average sized house in Bathurst and may vary, depending upon the size of the building, construction style, and location.